About Childhood Cancer:
Worldwide, the number of children who will die from childhood cancers this year would nearly fill the stadium seats at Fenway Park. Yet government and pharmaceutical funding for this research is scarce.
The childhood cancers are rare, accounting for 1-3% of all cancers. Boys are more affected than girls. They are not contagious and hereditary exceptionally. In most cases, there is no question, however, we recognize essentially genetic predisposing factors, such as trisomy 21 or some primary immunodeficiencies.
Cancer Rate in Childrens:
Each year about 1,800 children with cancer in France is a child 600. If the cure rate of childhood cancer have increased significantly in 20 years, the disease still remains the second leading cause of death among children older than 1 year after the accident.
Malignant tumors observed in children have nothing in common with those that may be encountered in adults. Indeed, it is rare (1% of cancers detected each year). The main locations of adult cancers: lung, breast and female genital organs, digestive tract and skin, are virtually unknown in children. Furthermore, while environmental factors such as tobacco are responsible for many adult cancers, they are not implicated in the occurrence of tumors in children.
A child is diagnosed every 3 minutes worldwide, Cancer is the number 1 disease killer of children in the United States.
Through a research in the United states in every hour 20 children attacked by cancer.
- 1 in 300 boys will have cancer before they turn 20.
- 1 in 333 girls will have cancer before they turn 20.
Cancer in kids are different than cancer in adults.
- Some cancers almost never strike after age of 5; others occur most often in teenagers.
- If kids get cancers that adults get, like lymphoma, they must be treated differently.
- In 80% of kids, cancer has already spread of other areas of the body by the time of diagnosis. Many adult cancers can be diagnosed early.
More adults than kids get cancer, it’s true.
But look closer:
Average age at cancer diagnosis:
- Adults: 67
- Kids: 6
Average number of years of life lost to cancer:
- Adults: 15
- Kids: 71
And those years we could save? They’re the years when a kid could:
- Grow up, marry, and have children of their own.
- Create something beautiful the world has never seen.
- Or even discover a cure for cancer.
And if they do survive?
- 95% of kids’ cancer survivors will have a chronic health problem by age 45.
- 80% of kids’ cancer survivors will have severe of life-threating conditions.
Well, “survival” is a relative term.
Let’s talk number – Money, that is:
Less than 4% of the U.S. National Cancer Institute’s cancer research budget is allocated to childhood cancers.
Pharmaceutical Companies Fund:
- 60% of adult cancer drug development.
- Close to 0% of kids’ cancer drug development.
Private foundations fill the funding gap so kids will also have a fighting chance. Today, about 85% of kids with the most common type of cancer will live. In the 1950s, almost all kids diagnosed with cancer died. However, for the many other types of childhood cancers, there is still more work to be done.
You may see blad children on the fundraising appeals of private foundations, but if you’re particular about how your donation is used, look carefully. Many cancer organizations fund:
- Patient support groups, health information and education.
- Transportation to treatments.
- Places for families to stay during hospital visits.
- Programs to make patients feel and look better.
These are all important!
But if you’re giving to support cancer research specifically for kids, look closely to see how much of your donation will do that. It may be less than 5%.
For these childhood cancers that are not well known cure, there is hope, research avenues for new treatments. The Union of Associations of Parents of Children with cancer and leukemia has published its White Paper: children would be forgotten the next plan cancer.
3 Citizens must link to their CZ user pages
Isabel marant sale Essential Accessory or Metro Sexual Phenomenon
louis vuitton taschen5 Terrible Jobs Anyone Can And No One Should Do
woolrich jassen Puffs can disintegrate
Dolce Gabbana Miss Night and Day Metallic Hobo
Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet and a host of fellow servants
Goth Ninja Strategy Guide Part II
Coach Canada PLEASE SEE CANCELLATION POLICY FOR CANCEL PROCEDURES
What to Wear to a Pageant
clutch bags In the first quarter of 2013
Goth Ninja Strategy Guide Part III
pandora charms habits for the landing page
A Unique Personal Fashion Style
tory burch outlet Remember the wonderful chocolate cakes of your childhood
5 Steps to Writing Successful Suspense With Glenn Beck
chanel schoenen When a confidence vote is called for
Best Jeans For Curvy Women
woolrich sale How to Become a Magazine Photo Editor